Happy Friday! Now that I'm finally awake, I wanted to thank Terrie so much for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. My very first award, hooray! Thank you so much, Terrie. This makes me so happy. (I'm not gonna lie, I might have squealed in lab.)
When you get the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog in your post. Tell seven things about yourself and award seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.
1. For those who may be wondering, my area of science is neurobiology! I do EEGs and study sensory processing in kids with autism.
2. I love Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and (but you knew this one) Taylor Swift, and if I could only listen to them for the rest of my life, my life would still be pretty happy. But if I could add two more to the list, it would be the Eagles and Billy Joel.
3. I don't have pierced ears!
4. When I'm not thinking about science, blogging or fashion, I'm probably thinking about swimming. I was a competitive swimmer for thirteen years, and I still teach lessons and coach off and on. My events were the 500 freestyle, all butterfly (50s, 100s, 200s, I did it all!), a little bit of 1650/1000 free and sometimes the 100 or 400 IM. I hate middle distance and love distance/endurance. I used to hate backstroke the most, but now I hate breaststroke! Oh, wait. I'm a coach now. I'm not supposed to say that I hate strokes. You won't tell my swimmers, will you?
5. When I'm not thinking about... any of the things in #4, I'm probably thinking about writing. I've written several novels, and most of them happened in less than thirty days. I am a four-time "winner" (read: I successfully wrote 50K words in thirty days) of NaNoWriMo. Currently, there's a young adult horror novel in the works with my sister Ria that I'm super excited about!
6. I was an English and Psychology major in undergrad, and I was originally going to be a lawyer. Then I was going to be a first grade teacher. Then I was going to be a psychologist. Indecisive, me? Never.
7. Sometimes I still stare at my closet and think, "I have nothing to wear!"
I apologize in advance for repeating any of the award-ees that have already been assigned, but I wanted to list blogs I have honestly discovered recently and am loving, so here we go with my seven recently-discovered awesome blogs:
Molly @ Anthromollogies; Jenni @ Found in My Closet; Lori @ Lorispeak; JG at Stuff Jewish Girls Like; Lili @ Relatable Style; Kristin @ Lovely Apidae; and Sil @ Compiling My Closet
ETA: Sil, I tried to comment on your blog, but I am dumb and couldn't figure out how to make the comment interface work, and I couldn't find your email, so I hope you see this post instead!
I hope you enjoy checking out all of these great blogs as much as I have!
With that, I'll leave you with a boring, rainy-day outfit that reflects just how much I need this awful weather to quit it. I hate wearing jeans! My camera died before I could get a proper picture of my boots, but you can find them here, and if you're looking for cute, funky rain boots that will keep you warm and dry, I highly recommend them. I seriously get compliments every time I wear mine, and they've never leaked.
Picture Frame Blouse (Anthropologie)
Necklace: Gift from my sister
Jeans from Penny's (super old)
Rain boots: You can hardly see them, but they are Kamik and you should check them out!