Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why hello there, dress. Welcome to my closet.

Good Thursday evening! I have an exciting "new" purchase to share with you. This is a fairly old item, but I've been admiring it for awhile ever since seeing it on the lovely Maria. Yep, it's none other than the Silken Trellis Dress, which you can see in Maria's awesome blog header. I was lucky enough to find one on Ebay in my size from the sweetest seller ever. She included a nice note, wrapped the dress nicely, and even threw in a cute hairbow on the house. Receiving this dress was a lovely end to what had been a pretty crappy day.

I had never actually tried it on, so I was hoping it would work, and luckily it did. It is a little shorter than some of my work dresses, but I think with flats and a cardigan, it'll be fine. I'm wearing 3-inch heels in these pictures, so extrapolate at will. What I'm really looking forward to, though, is wearing this dress to an upcoming fancy dinner with a great work friend. I love it and can't wait to think of ways to style it!

Here are some hastily-taken pictures in my excitement to try it on. Please forgive my crazy hair and lack of styling.




The back is pretty awesome.

Overall I am really happy with this dress and am so glad I found it! Do you have any older items that you're still pining for?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a really pretty dress with a gorgeous back! I pine for a lot of older Anthro items since I discovered Anthro just recently. One I really want is the Hailstones Shirtdress, which Maria also has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks amazing on you.

    I am wishing for the two paths trench...missed one on the trade market by 10 minutes last week. :(

    ReplyDelete