Saturday, January 7, 2012

Photoshop Playtime

Bonjour! It's been a rough week back at work for me after getting way too used to spending my days covered in purring cats. I got home yesterday, put on a bathrobe, and collapsed for three hours. Then I woke up, watched a few wedding shows, and collapsed again for nine hours. I'm still a little sleepy this morning, but I've got a dance class in forty-five minutes, so I need to wake up, pronto. Ergo, I'm doing a quick blog post to at least get my brain warm.

I wore this outfit last weekend to go ice skating with my boyfriend. Of course, I haven't been ice skating since I was about nine, and the "ice skating = cold" connection didn't click in my head until I was about to walk out the door. I grabbed a hoodie (the Superfluous Bellows hoodie, to be precise, so imagine it in the picture) and was a little more weather-appropriate, although I still had to steal my boyfriend's jacket. Oops.

My thought process was something like "ice skating = short, flowy skirt and leggings = totally adorable figure skater." I'm not sure how well that translated, but look! I have figured out how to play with Photoshop! I was reading over Tara's photography tips and got inspired, so I resolved to try and make my pictures a little nicer. I think I see an improvement, although I obviously have a lot to learn. My computer somehow had Photoshop installed when I bought it (thanks, school?), and though I've never used it before, I'm going to have fun with this. Oh yes. What do you think?


Top: From Skydiving!
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Leggings: Macy's
Boots: More kids' shoes from Rackroom! (Will write about these later.)
Bracelet: Taylor Swift concert
Imaginary Superfluous Bellows Hoodie from Anthro is Imaginary

No comments:

Post a Comment