Monday, January 9, 2012

Kids' shoes and open back tops? Adventures in insanity.

Good evening! I'm sure you're all dying to know what I wore on my Anthro shopping trip, so here it is:


Anthropologie Sweater Collective Tunic
Leggings: Christmas present
Headband: Christmas present from my awesome college roommate, Kendall
Shoes: Kids' boots!

I got these boots for Christmas, and they're yet another Cupcake shoe that I totally love. Yep, they're for little girls. Nope, I don't care. This brand runs VERY large in my opinion, and I usually wear a 4 or a 5 when in actuality I'm a true 6-6.5 in shoes. So, if you have smallish feet, you may be able to snag yourself a cute pair of cheap shoes. I really wanted black boots, and I actually liked these better than the grown-up (i.e.: More expensive!) options I tried. They're pretty "tough" for a little girl shoe, and the height is just right for me. Also, they're super comfortable. I highly recommend this brand for those on the small end of the shoe spectrum! Also, the name is adorable.

Also, guys, help. This beauty is calling my name:

Draped Snail Tank, $128

Am I crazy for liking this? It's neon pink, but more importantly, the back is wide open! Why, Katie? Why?

Because I can see myself strolling happily and freely along the beaches of Charleston with this awesome tank flowing behind me and showing off my inevitable speedo stripes swim team tan, that's why.

Oh man, I will have to do some thinking about this one. The price is cry-worthy, but I think a lot of people will be deterred by the open back. I have high hopes for making this mine on sale around the time it's actually appropriate to wear it. What do you think of this open-back thing? Too crazy, or perfect for my favorite beach town?

3 comments:

  1. I love this top too! The obnoxious pink is perfect for spring. I don't think the open back is crazy and you can always put a cami under it or put the top under a cardigan.

    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just FYI, kids' shoes are sized differently than women's. Look up any shoe sizing conversion chart and you will see that a kids' size 4 is equivalent to a women's size 6-6.5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara: I know, right? I think a belt might help it be less overly-flowy, too. I'm really excited to try this one on.

    Soraya: Oh wow, I did not know that. Thanks for the info! Looks like everyone from about a 7.5 and under should be able to enjoy these shoes, then. :)

    ReplyDelete