Thursday, December 8, 2011

Same song, second verse

I've had this outfit in my archives for a couple of days now, but I didn't want to post it so soon after the last time I wore this skirt. But today I realized that if I make one more post, the Lingering Rays skirt will no longer be visible on the front page of my blog. Unacceptable in my book.




Anthro Lengthening Rays Skirt
JCrew warehouse shirt
Anthro flower clip
Necklace: gift from Ria from a local shop in Charleston

I love this skirt, and I love brown and pink together, so this outfit was pretty much a win for me. The only bad thing about the skirt is getting used to lifting it up to climb stairs. I've definitely had a few experiences where my face almost got up close and personal with pavement because I wasn't paying attention. Dangers notwithstanding, I'm really glad I bought it.

And now Ria wants one for her birthday. You know what this means, readers. A-searchin' I will go at Anthropologie this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful on you!! I bought this skirt as well and for its first debut, I paired it with a light pink JCrew sweater. Perfection!! And you're right, its length is a welcome disaster for clumsiness. Mine got rolled over by the chair wheels many a times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt more and more. Why didn't I pick it up during the awesome black Friday sale lol. Oh wells :) You look adorable, like a long-skirted ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Madame,

    I'm enchanted by your long-skirted elegance! <3 :)
    I'm sending to you with love my poem about your appearance:

    Accompanying passion

    In your blouse in your skirt in elegant romance,
    Your experience tears in your shawl’s silk,
    Your tone in your skirt’s waving manners,
    Your charm is inundating me in moral beauty.

    Your source is recipient warmth in your heart,
    In your sea basin there is accompanying passion,
    Me abducts in posture your gliding walk,
    In cascade’s length flooding the depth.

    Surrounds you in protection the current of your sea,
    Timeless feature of cordial attitude,
    In it’s colour there are hot storm roaring embrace,
    Enchanting infinity of your loyalty’s world.

    It’s material on your bosoms’ salient charm,
    In changing relation in windy occasion,
    The feeling of your custom evokes you on several ways,
    In your profound beauty’s humble romance.


    Kissing your hand,
    Don Andrés from Hungary

    ReplyDelete